You cannot deny that there is a new vibe in Macon, Ga these days! Having been a long time resident of Macon I can’t remember a time when there were so many choices for leisure time activities as there seems to be right now. Perhaps it is the culmination of years of work by organizations like The Knight Foundation, New Town Macon, The Chamber & MEDC and many others that have been working non-stop to make a positive change in our community. Whatever the reason, we at Gateway Macon are proud to be part of the excitement and energy that seems to be permeating our hometown. Which brings us to all the fun happenings this weekend in and around Macon, Ga.
Get in the Halloween Spirit with these events:
- The Historic Riverside Cemetery Conservancy Spirits in October presents “Tales of the Notable and Notorious”.
- The Museum of Aviation has gone all out with a very creative haunted trail complete with a great backstory be sure to visit Nevermore Hills this weekend in Warner Robins
- Down in Perry they have an over-the-top venue for one of the coolest 5K runs you will ever experience. The Zombie Run is a don’t miss event for fitness, fun and frights
More Fall Festivals and seasonal activities:
- Macon Octoberfest is a great example of the types of events that are constantly happening in Macon these days. This event not only lets you sample some great beer, festival food and listen to lots of live music, but ALL the proceeds will benefit local charities.
- Before you head over to the Octoberfest have some morning fun at The Great Quest: A Car Scavenger Hunt to discover all thats quirky about Macon.
- A break out event to the Macon Octoberfest this year is the Wiener Dog Race and pet costume contest. What’s more entertaining than watching Wiener Dogs race while you drink cold beer!?
- Nearby, the small town of Juliette will be celebrating fall with The Green Tomato Festival. Arts & Crafts, live music, fair food and much more all take place this weekend in Juliette, Georgia.
Music and more Music:
Of course if you have been to our website you know that we have put together one of the most comprehensive Live Music resources to be found anywhere online. Check our Gateway Macon’s Live Music Calendar before searching for live music in and around Macon.
- Be sure to check out The Jazz Association of Macon’s FREE Jazz event Jazz & Art on Riverdale. Brings a lawn chair and a cooler and check out art exhibits, a Kids Corner and silent auction as well as food from Twang!
- If you are going to Macon Octoberfest more for the music than the cold beer then visit our Festival Page where we break down every single music act and of course provide you with all the details and streaming music you need to catch the band that is right for your music tastes.
Other Things to do this weekend (Just when you thought there can’t possibly be more going on this weekend):
- The Macon Symphony kicks off the 2014 season with a tribute to Neva Fickling.
- Theatre Macon opens their newest stage performance “The Grapes of Wrath” a classic sure to please the thespian in you.
- This is your last chance to experience the Wesleyan Market for the season. If you haven’t been to Wesleyan Market you are missing out on fresh local foods, unique arts & crafts and free music.
But Wait there's more!
Come on and say it with me “There surely can’t be more things going on this weekend, can there?”
Yes, here are a few more Things to do in and around Macon, ga. This weekend…
- Loaves & Fishes a faith-based collaboration of local churches is sponsoring a benefit event at the Fish n Pig on Lake Tobo. Your help is needed for this worthy Cause!
- Warner Robins Comic Con is this Sunday! Yes, Comic Con is here and they have Buck Rodgers showing up as well.
So, if someone you know has ever said “There is nothing to do around here”, please point them to www.gatewaymacon.com and tell them to look at all the great events going on this weekend in Central Georgia. There is no excuse to sit around and binge watch Netflix with all the amazing events to catch this weekend. Get out and enjoy!