DREAM Academy, Macon’s new state charter school of choice, is actively enrolling students for the 2018-2019 academic year. Families interested in having their children attend DREAM in its inaugural year must apply and enroll by Friday, June 1.
Interested families can apply by visiting www.dreamacademycharter.org or completing a paper application at the school site, 151 Madison St., Macon, GA 31201.
Enrollment and Registration Process:
All accepted students must complete and submit the enrollment packet and all required documentation. The enrollment packet can be found on the school’s website www.dreamacademycharter.org. The following documents are required to complete the registration process:
- Immunization Certificate (Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231)
- Hearing-Vision-Dental-Nutrition-Certificate (GA Form 3300)
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the enrolling parent/guardian’s driver’s license
- Copy of your child’s social security card
- Proof of Residency (two documents showing name and address)
- Your child’s most recent report card
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship/Foster/Adoption, if applicable
- Special Education Records (IEP/SST/504/Gifted), if applicable
Upcoming Enrollment and Registration Opportunities:
All enrollment and registration sessions will be at DREAM Academy, 151 Madison Street, Macon, GA 31201. During this time families may also tour the campus, meet DREAM Academy’s staff and board members and learn more about academics, discipline and safety at the school.
Monday – Friday through June 1
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 26
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
DREAM is pleased to announce that building renovations are underway to prepare for the school’s opening on Monday, Aug. 13. In addition, DREAM recently announced the six new members of its core leadership team. These highly qualified and passionate education leaders will provide strategic direction and support in DREAM’s inaugural year.
- Felicia Watson, Ed.S, Chief Operating Officer/Assistant Principal/Principal-in-Residence
- Paula Harris-Harvey, M. Ed, Director of ARTScholar Support Services
- Toi McLaughlin, Ed.S, Dean of Rigorous Arts Integrated Teaching and Learning/COO-in-Residence
- Ramon Reeves, M. Ed, Dean of Rigorous Arts Integrated Teaching and Learning/COO-in-Residence
- Kimberly A. Hardy, M. Ed, Dean of ARTScholars and Community Engagement
- LaQuita Mainer, M. Ed, Director of ARTScholar Information Systems, Data Reporting and Registration
For more information on DREAM Academy or how to enroll, visit www.dreamacademy.org or call (478) 305-7310.
posted 05/25/2018 in