The Macon Arts Alliance, in partnership with the Macon Transit Authority, is calling artists to submit proposals for a public bus shelter project made possible by the Downtown Challenge, a project of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia.
Macon Georgia artists will be selected to transform two bus shelters (one per artist) for the citizens of Macon. These projects should reflect the history of the location and the community they serve. These transformative projects can range from intersectional installations, decorative embellishments, to added elements that are structurally safe and sound. These proposals must be site specific, with artists choosing one of the locations listed below.
All applications will be reviewed and graded by an art advisory committee that represents a cross section of art professionals from Macon including administrators, educators and artists. All submissions will be presented to this advisory committee anonymously and objectively rated with an established rubric of assessment.
Eligibility: Artists of Macon-Bibb County 18 years and older
Deadline to Apply: June 1, 2019
Notification of Award: June 28, 2019
Projected Start Date: August 2019
Completion Date: March 1st, 2020
Locations: Choose one location per proposal
1. Spring St. (at Riverside by Zaxby's)
2. Poplar St. (between 2nd & Third)
3. New & Pine Streets
4. Adams and Coleman (by Mercer & Tatnall Sq., Park).
Materials Budget: up to $3,500 per shelter depending on scope of project
Stipend: up to $5,000 per artist depending on scope of project
1. Submit a schematic or sketch of the proposed design with four views, front, both sides and back.
2. Bio with list of prior installation commissions and digital image examples
3. Written description citing details of project including the relevance to location, the population that the location serves and any interactive parts of the installation.
All submissions sent to [email protected] with "Bus Shelter" as subject line
For more information about Macon Arts Alliance and this project visit them online at www.maconartsalliance.com
posted 03/07/2019 in