Stretching out 200 feet, Macon’s historic Terminal Station is truly the anchor of downtown Macon, Georgia. Built of sandstone in the Beaux Arts style, it was completed in 1916 to serve as the principle railroad hub for central Georgia. At the height of its activity, the station had 15 lines emanating from it and saw some 100 passenger trains a day during the 1920s and -30s. Today, its restoration enhances the beautiful marble floors and pink Tennessee marble walls in the main lobby and waiting areas. The Terminal Station houses several City departments, but the ground floor is open during business hours and serves as a beautiful rental facility for special events at night and on weekends.
700 Poplar Street
Macon, Georgia 31201