Chipolte Is Making Summer A Rewarding Time
Chipolte wants to give you free food!
Chipotle Rewards Program 'Chiptopia' Launches Friday
From free chips and guacamole to buy-one-get-one free burritos, Chipotle has served up several promotions for free food this year as part of its ongoing campaign to win customers back. In their continuing efforts, Chipotle unveils Chiptopia Summer Rewards, a loyalty card offering customers free food and Bonus Rewards just for eating at Chipotle.
The program officially starts on Friday, July 1st, when Chipotle restaurants nationwide will begin offering Chiptopia membership cards. But in the meantime, here's what you need to know:
From July through September, customers participating in Chiptopia can earn free rewards simply by eating the food they already love. Chiptopia is not a typical rewards program. Rewards are not based on the total amount a customer spends, or on accumulating points. Instead, Chiptopia rewards customers for making multiple paid visits to Chipotle within a given month.
Chiptopia Summer Rewards offers three different status levels: Mild, Medium and Hot. Just four visits, with a qualifying purchase during each, earns Mild status and a free entrée. Someone who achieves the Hot level in all three months can earn up to nine free entrées over the course of the rewards program, plus a $240 “Catering for 20” Bonus Reward.
- To participate, customers can visit any U.S. Chipotle starting July 1 to pick up a Chiptopia card.
- Customers then earn credit toward the various status levels for individual visits within the same month during which they spend a minimum of $6 before tax.
- During each month of the program, a customer’s fourth, eighth and 11th visit and entrée purchase triggers a reward for one free entrée and elevates the customer to a new status level.
- Redeemed rewards also count as a purchase toward reaching the next status level. Thus, customers purchase four entrées in any month of the program to earn Mild status; eight entrées (one of which can be the free entrée earned for the Mild level) to reach the Medium level; and 11 entrées (another one of which can be the free entrée earned in the Medium level) to unlock the Hot level.
- At the end of each month, purchase totals reset to zero, and participants begin again the following month.
- A maximum of one visit (with a purchase of $6 or more) per member, per day counts toward Chiptopia rewards. Purchasing multiple entrées on the same day does not earn additional rewards (for example, if a customer buys three meals at one time or in the same day it only counts for one visit, not three).
Customers who achieve the same status level for three consecutive months in a row will be eligible for Bonus Rewards.
- Achieving Mild status all three months earns one additional free entrée.
- Achieving Medium status all three months earns $20 in Chipotle merchandise at store.chipotle.com.
- Achieving Hot status all three months earns catering for 20 (a $240 value).
Customers who register for the program in July earn a free chips and guacamole with their first entrée purchase (of $6 or more, before tax) and will be eligible for special Bonus Rewards, available for redemption at the end of the promotion. Users are able to register at any point from July through September; however, the free chips and guacamole and Bonus Rewards are only available to those who join the program by July 31. Bonus Rewards are only available to those customers who achieve status levels all three months.
Rewards earned during Chiptopia expire 30 days after they are earned. Mild and Medium Bonus Rewards expire on Dec. 31, 2016 and the Hot Bonus Reward expires on March 31, 2017. The rewards program is valid in the U.S. only and cannot be combined with other coupons, promotions or special offers.
For complete details about Chiptopia Summer Rewards, please visit Chipotle.com/chiptopia.More Info